This time however I decided to actually make a proper template from “scratch”. In this instance “scratch” means I found the Mobirise website builder and slotted together a bunch of items that looked fairly decent. Then I copied it all into my website tool Hugo and began beating on it to add the functionality I wanted.
The end result seems to actually work quite well. Hugo’s great, it makes static HTML so debugging wonkly layouts is very easy and there isn’t anything to compromise or hack. I once left a default Joomla installation on a virtual machine, and the only way I knew is because I got an upset email from my ISP telling me to shut my spam factory down…
Your comment will be moderated, please post thoughtfully.
Mobirise free builder - Click for more